Monday, June 13, 2011

Rihanna's Man Down Story.

Rihanna.

Although am not exactly a RiRi fan, I have all her albums from Music In The Sun to the seemingly controversial one, Loud. And to be honest there's been considerable growth in her music style and vocals as well and I might add that there's also immerse change in the light in which she's maybe begging too much to be seen in.

Regardless, she's doing good music weather I'd like to admit it or not and one of my favourites asides the other tracks on the Loud album would be the 'mandown'! Why? Because it's way different from previous songs and I totally love the style, accent and the fact that she went back home to buy the concept of the video and shot it there as well is totally awesome if you ask me.

Now there's the contradiction people are talking about that the initial intended theme of the song wasn't rape but because the public thought the lyrics to be a tad too violent then her folks had to throw in the rape story line to justify the supposed violence. Well in my opinion, I still think people are just missing the whole point of that video in the end because it's addressing such a distasteful and heinous crime towards women and for me that's such a bigger deal than what the media, press or public are trying to down play. Maybe using a gun like that and gunning a man down in cold blood won't do well with the younger viewers, but then again it's only make belief as should be sending home the point that rape is not acceptable and that if the man won't be punishable by law or for some lack of police effort or insufficient evidence then perhaps a rape victim should take the law into her own hands, I am just saying because I would!

In all I think it's a beautiful video very ethnic and simple yet speaking volumes for women regardless of what we all think of Rihanna.



                       Rihanna Man Down Video.




No comments:

Post a Comment